Thursday, September 6, 2007

Trend Analysis #1

I looked at teenpeople.com, which is the website for Teen People Magazine. I remember reading this magazine in middle school. Th website stresses the importance of being "on top". It talks a lot about "Whose Hot Right Now". It gives the impression to me that if you wear clothes like this, you will be more popular, and be "on top". Fashion is very important in the celebrity world where people are critiquing every little thing. I feel that this may cause some adolescents to put the same emphasis on fashion as well, and may cause them to be more critical of others around them. Teen People is definitely aimed towards the teenage girl. There is a lot of gossip on the website. "She said this" and "We saw this" occurs frequently. I was also disappointed that I didn't see anything pertaining to current world issues. I think this is something that more adolescents should pay attention to.

No comments: